Hope that all had a wonderful Christmas Eve and Day! Ours was joyous and full of excitement!
I had a moment of squirreliness signing online this morning to see "Millions of People to Lose Unemployment Benefits on Sat". But, I can rationally work my way through thoughts like this and I have a plan for January (which is three paychecks and the normal monthly rental property income).
1) Make February's mortgage payment on the 17th, have half of March's mortgage payment on the 31st (this is normal spending practice)
2) Have $500 in reserve account (to be started at Chase to take advantage of a $200 bonus offer)
3) Prepay property taxes in the amount of $1,500 (income tax refund in Feb/March will also be applied to this and that will be gone from the table for the next year)
4) Pay $950 to outstanding balances for tuition/soccer
5) No spending for the month other than groceries/gas
And I'll be limiting driving and focusing on home reorganization and purging. I succumbed to a moment of jealousy looking at a friend's newly constructed and organized closets - maybe I'll ask to borrow her label maker? I will use whatever bins I have in the basement.
6) Move toward less processed and prepackaged things. Grow my collection of homemade recipes the family like. Found a very simple potatoes au gratin recipe that used swiss cheese and heavy whipping cream as the sauce (I'm sure I can find a lower cal recipe on line)
That's all for now. I'm sure I'll have more random thoughts about January as it nears!
January's Goals, Moment of Squirreliness
December 27th, 2013 at 07:08 pm